Today, let’s break down the Bullish Flag pattern, a popular formation signaling potential upward price movements.
Here’s your quick guide:
- Spot the Flag Pole: Begin by identifying a strong upward trend. This is your ‘flag pole’.
- Look for the Flag: After the climb, watch for a slight downtrend or consolidation phase—this forms your ‘flag’.
- Measure the Retracement: If the price pulls back more than 50% of the flag pole’s height, it’s probably not a flag pattern. Ideally, it should not retrace more than 38%.
- Entry Point: Consider buying at the bottom of the flag or wait for a breakout above the flag’s upper boundary.
- Set a Price Target: Once you’re in, aim for a price target that matches the initial flag pole’s length, projected upwards from the breakout point.
Remember, this is just a pattern. Always use stops and manage your risk properly.
Join Coach on Telegram: Link